Childhood Cancer Awareness Month – September Schedule of Events for CURE Childhood Cancer
(SAVANNAH, Ga.) In recognition of September being Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, CURE Childhood Cancer, the only organization providing financial and emotional support to local children and families while raising funds to further critical research specifically for pediatric oncology, has a full schedule of events as follows:
Thursday, September 1: Celebrate September Ice Cream Social
- Location: Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital Of Savannah, 4700 Waters Ave, Savannah, GA 31404
- Time: 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Details: In support of the youngest cancer patients and survivors, CURE will host an Ice Cream Social featuring Leopold’s Ice Cream, games, and crafts. The event will take place in the Sunshine Park & Healing Garden. The public is invited.
Friday, September 2: Benedictine Military School Gold Out Game for the CURE
- Location: Memorial Stadium, 101 John J. Scott Dr, Savannah, GA 31406
- Time: 7:30 p.m. start time
- Details: Benedictine Military School will host a Gold Out football game for CURE. Players’ helmets will have gold ribbon stickers and the cheerleaders will pass out gold beads and footballs. BC plays Westminster.
Additional Gold Out sporting events benefiting CURE include:
- September 8: South Effingham High Softball (against Brunswick High)
- September 13: Effingham County High Softball (50/50 raffle and first pitch by family in memory of their daughter)
- September 15: SEHS and ECHS Volleyball (Rivalry game. T-shirt sales and raffle for CURE)
- September 23: Effingham County High School (50/50 raffle at game and Coins4CURE coin drive)
Monday, September 5: Chicken Salad Chick Cookies for CURE
- Location: Chicken Salad Chick locations
- Savannah, Ga.: 7400 Abercorn St #512, Savannah, GA 31406
- Pooler, Ga.: 155 Traders Way #300, Pooler, GA 31322
- Statesboro, Ga.: 430 Northside Dr E Suite 174, Statesboro, GA 30458
- Bluffton, S.C.: 20 Discovery Dr #102, Bluffton, SC 29910
- Store hours: 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Details: Chicken Salad Chick will release a new cookie in support of CURE Childhood Cancer, their national partner organization. Lemon Burst Buttercream Cookies will be sold starting Monday, September 5, with a portion of the proceeds donated to aid pediatric cancer research. The stores are also giving a free scoop of chicken salad for any donation to CURE.
Additional dining and shopping events benefiting CURE include:
- September 9: Kendra Scott Proceed Day (between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., 20% of any purchase will go to CURE);
- September 13: Zunzifest (between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m., 26% of sales from Zunzi’s + Zunzibar will be donated to CURE);
- September 15: Papa’s Bar-B-Que & Seafood (Proceed night with 10% of sales being donated to CURE);
- September 19: Rusty Pig BBQ (Proceed night with 10% of sales being donated to CURE);
Tuesday, September 20: Chick-fil-A Cookies for CURE
- Location: Lowcountry Chick-fil-A locations:
- 2111 E Victory Dr, Savannah, GA 31404
- 303 Mall Blvd, Savannah, GA 31406
- 11152 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31419
- 2021 Pooler Pkwy, Pooler, GA 31322,
- 180 Pooler Pkwy, Pooler, GA 31322
- 5438 GA-21, Rincon, GA 31326
- 877 W Oglethorpe Hwy, Hinesville, GA 31313
- 352 Northside Dr. E, Statesboro, GA 30458
- 2349 E 1st St, Vidalia, GA 30474
- Store hours: 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Details: For one day only, 100% of Chick-fil-a’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie sales at Lowcountry Chick-fil-A locations will be donated to CURE Childhood Cancer. Sales include individual and 6-count cookies.
Now through October 31: The Giving Pump Promotion at Shell Gas Stations
Several businesses are partnering with CURE for the entire month, including:
Towne Pharmacy of Rincon, Midtown Pizza, Mansion on Forsyth Park Hotel, Next Move Real Estate, Savannah Toyota, South Fork Provisions, DumasSmith & Associates, eXp RElaty, Tosa Coffee Company, Chicken Salad Chick, Durrance Group at Keller Williams Realty Coastal Area, Refine, Glossy Girl Lipgloss by Ava, Southern Kafe on 17, The Ice Cream Stop, Richmond Hill Auto Care, Radiant Skin Medical Spa, Ally’s Bakery, RealtyOne Group, River Street Sweets, and True South Designs.
For more information and list updates, visit www.curechildhoodcancer.org/september
ABOUT CURE CHILDHOOD CANCER
Founded in 1975, CURE Childhood Cancer
is dedicated to conquering childhood cancer through funding targeted research while supporting patients and their families. With cancer as the second leading cause of death in children, CURE has dedicated more than $38MM to specific research projects aimed at curing cancers that affect children.
CURE is headquartered in Atlanta and has an active staff operating throughout the greater Savannah area. It is the only organization funding pediatric cancer research and providing this level of financial and emotional support to local children and families across Georgia and parts of South Carolina. For more information, visit www.curechildhoodcancer.org