- #HonorMark: The purpose of the #HonorMark initiative is to carry on a local hero’s legacy of service and sacrifice by giving back to the community he served through charitable donations.
Mark Edward Hummeldorf served our nation in the armed forces with the Marine Corps for 4 years and as a firefighter/paramedic for Southside Fire and EMS, Bryan County Emergency Services, Savannah Fire Rescue, and Parris Island Fire Rescue. During his time in the Marine Corps, Mark was awarded the Purple Heart for his bravery, which he also exemplified daily in his actions as a first responder. Unfortunately, our community lost this hero on November 22, 2017 when Mark was tragically taken from us at the young age of 33; he left behind his beautiful wife and two wonderful children.
Call to action: Mark’s enthusiastic attitude and service before self would want us to put our running shoes on and join his family for our 5th annual event. This year is extra special for we will hold the run on Veterans Day and it will be our first ever evening run. We are encouraging everyone to come together to celebrate and honor Mark and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. We invite everyone to sign up and walk or run, whether it be in-person or virtually, to continue the tradition we have started. If you choose the virtual option, share your times and post a picture with the hashtag #HonorMark5k and #SayTheirName! All proceeds go to the local community as well as helping to support college funds for Mark’s children. Mark may be off duty, but you’re not! Join the fun and register today!
Impact of the #HonorMark 5k: #HonorMark strives to give back to the community and families of first responders and military in need. We are humbled to share that #HonorMark was able to support multiple families from our 2021 event. The past year we had $10,000 in donations to give back! The following families received our most recent donations:
· Norman Jones, City of Savannah Firefighter
· The Morris Family in honor of Brett J Morris, Army
· The Sparks Family (Ross Township, Ohio) in honor of Brandon Sparks, Firefighter
· Alan Hazard Jr, Rincon Firefighter
· Jonathan Campbell in honor of their son, Chatham County Firefighter
· Jennifer Hemby Ashdown in honor of her son, Effingham County Firefighter
The Cuza Family, Christopher Cuza, Savannah Firefighter
The Hutcheson Family, Danny Hutcheson, Savannah Fire Engineer
· The Clifton family in honor of Chris Clifton, Sylvania Firefighter
The Grant Family on behalf of Robin Grant, Ross Township, Ohio, Firefighter
To see a full list of donations made by #HonorMark, visit our site at: https://honormark.wixsite.com/honormark.
Because of the incredible support of our race participants, #HonorMark has also been able to give back to Mark’s children. Chase and Emerson each have over $7000 in their college funds since #HonorMark started. Without the support of #HonorMark’s family and friends, the community, first responders and military, none of this would be possible. We want to give a huge thank you to everyone and we are excited for what the future years hold!
· *T-SHIRTS NOT GUARANTEED IF YOU REGISTER AFTER 10/20*
WebScore Timing will be used for timing (shotgun start).
· Short sleeve t-shirt for all participants.
5th anniversary #honormark challenge coin included with 5k/10k registration.
· Strollers and dogs are welcome but please be aware and stay clear of other runners.
· The 10k course will be the 5k course run twice.
· Max age to participate in the kids run is 10 years old.
· Royal Restrooms will be onsite.
· We are looking for energetic and motivated volunteers to help with our race! Contact us at email@example.com if interested.
· Virtual runners will receive their packets via mail.
· Packet pickup for in-person runners will be at the race track PRIOR to the race. Packet pick-up will begin at 4:30pm.
· Lastly, be sure to stick around after the race for awards, raffle, beverages and snacks and a great time! There will be a bouncy house for kids also!
Supported and ran by Fleet Feet Savannah for 5 years and counting!