• The American College of Radiology recommends an annual screening mammogram beginning at age 40.
• Women 35-39 years old should check with their insurance provider for plan eligibility and coverage before the screening.
• Must not have had a mammogram in the last 12 months (confirm coverage with insurance provider if less than 12 months).
• You have seen a gynecologist, primary care physician, or internist within the last 18 months, who is willing to accept your screening results.
• You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding.
• You do not have implants or breast issues (such as a lump or discharge from the nipple area). Patients should promptly contact her physician for evaluation if experiencing breast problems.
• Annual screening mammography is a covered benefit under most insurance plans. For exact coverage, women should check with their insurance company, as there may be a copay deductible. For your convenience, we will file a claim with your insurance provider on your behalf.
• Women who are uninsured or underinsured may be eligible for a free mammogram: SJ/C Mobile Mammography together with the SJ/C Mammography Fund provides no-cost great cancer screening and diagnostic services for those who meet income guidelines.
Mammography Fund Helpline at 912-819-7055